Hello, our support forum has been moved to: http://support.mnkystudio.com
This forum archive is for search purposes only.
Video pop up player
  • paolo008paolo008 March 2012
    My client is requesting for the ability to click on the image thumbnail (portfolio items and other images) and the video show up and play.  Exactly the same way with images and magnifier, where you click the image and the whole image appears.  I have seen it done in various template, I know the template as it comes does not have that option, but I think its possible through html.  Please Help.  This is a very important request for my client.  THANKS.  
  • MNKYMNKY March 2012

Hi, will have to do a little trick here to make it easier for you.

We will use one of the portfolo Details: fields for this.

1. Open single-portfolio.php and delete

<?php if ( get_post_meta($post->ID, 'pf_meta_box_text6', true) ) : ?>
    <span class="portfolio_detail_title"><?php echo get_post_meta($post->ID, 'pf_meta_box_text5', true) ?></span> <?php echo get_post_meta($post->ID, 'pf_meta_box_text6', true) ?><br/>
    <?php endif; ?>

2. Open portfolio template you need and find these lines in the code 

<?php } else {?> <a href="<?php echo wp_get_attachment_url( get_post_thumbnail_id($post->ID) ); ?>" class="mosaic-overlay"> <?php }?>

<a href="<?php echo wp_get_attachment_url( get_post_thumbnail_id($post->ID) ) ?>"><?php the_post_thumbnail('portfolio-three', array('title' => "")); ?></a>

change them to

<?php } else {?> <a href="<?php echo get_post_meta($post->ID, 'pf_meta_box_text6', true) ?>" class="mosaic-overlay, fancybox-youtube"> <?php }?>

<a class "fancybox-youtube" href="<?php echo get_post_meta($post->ID, 'pf_meta_box_text6', true) ?>"><?php the_post_thumbnail('portfolio-three', array('title' => "")); ?></a>

3. When creating portfolio item you see three Details fields. The 3rd line is URL: - Enter video url into the field next to URL

This is the video link you want, but also remember that you still have to add featured image, but the link to it will be pulled from field next to URL.

4. If auto detect for videos is selected in media setting it will open up in lightbox.

Cheers

Sorry but I'm having a little bit of trouble.  I can't seem to locate the code on step 2.  My best guest is that I'm supposed to like on portfolio-one.php but I can't find it.  I've also looked in other portfolio related .php.
    I have located the problem, My code shows as <a href="<?php echo wp_get_attachment_url( get_post_thumbnail_id($post->ID) ) ?>"><?php the_post_thumbnail('portfolio', array('title' => "")); ?></a>

not ("portfolio-three', array 

as shown in the code in step 2, will this be a problem?

I went ahead and did all the steps, but it didn't work.  Don't know what when wrong.  When I place de mouse cursor over the image it doesn't show any options. 
  • MNKYMNKY March 2012

It depends on portfolio template you have chosen, it is just example code we gave. You can provide ftp data, so we can help. But please tell which template to modify :)

Thanks

• I have also followed the instructions but had no luck. Has a working solution been found.
This discussion has been closed.
← All Discussions

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership

SUPPORT TERMS & CONDITIONS:
These forums are intended to provide assistance to buyers who experience issues, but please keep in mind that themes purchased from ThemeForest are provided "as-is" with no guarantee of support (as stated in ThemeForest terms & conditions ). If we determine the issues are caused by user error or are the result of a plugin, we will ask that you retrace your edits or contact the developer of the plugin you're using. Please allow up to 24 hours for answer and longer on weekends, but usually support will be provided much faster. Answers will be provided by support team members or author. Thanks!