Hello, our support forum has been moved to: http://support.mnkystudio.com
This forum archive is for search purposes only.
Date and time display in the top menu area
  • dmcdmc September 2012
    Hello MNKY,

Just a little nuisance.  I can't get the date and time to display correctly at the very top - to the right of the tagline.  I have gone into Settings and changed it to UTC -6 for Central Standard Time and even selected the central part of the US but it won't change. 

Am I missing something simple somewhere to change the date and time?

Thank you,

Dan
  • MNKYMNKY September 2012

Hello,

In all header files you have to change line 33.
    echo date_i18n('l, F j, Y', time()); ?>
    to
    echo get_the_date(); ?>

UPDATED:

echo date_i18n(get_option('date_format'));?>

Or modify your format as you wish. Read more here: http://codex.wordpress.org/Formatting_Date_and_Time

Thanks!

• weberteamweberteam October 2012
    Hi,

The above code
    echo get_the_date(); ?>
    shows the publishing date of an article, right?

I need to show current date including the localized name of the day, so I use this code:
    echo date_i18n("l, j. F Y.", current_time('timestamp')); ?>

This might be useful to someone :)

• diwardiwar October 2012
    How do I show exactly  the date that is set  in the settings panel of wordpress?Settings/General/Date Format and Time Format
  • MNKYMNKY October 2012

In all header files you have to change line 33.
    echo date_i18n('l, F j, Y', time()); ?>

to

echo date_i18n(get_option('date_format'));?>

• diwardiwar October 2012
    great, thanks!
  • dmcdmc October 2012
    Dear MNKY,

I put in the code you mentioned above and it messed up my home page.  Not sure why -- but maybe something I did obviously.

I don't want to mess with the coding thing again --- how can I just delete the date and time since it's wrong?  My client is now noticing the error and just wants it gone anyway --- and since it's in English and the site is Spanish.

I appreciate your help in how to just delete it!

Thanks!

• MNKYMNKY October 2012

Hello,

There should be a mistake in code you entered. Whole line should look like this:

<div class="tagline"><?php get_option_tree('tagline', '', true); ?><span class="tagline_seperator">|</span><?php echo date_i18n(get_option('date_format'));?></div>

Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.
← All Discussions

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership

SUPPORT TERMS & CONDITIONS:
These forums are intended to provide assistance to buyers who experience issues, but please keep in mind that themes purchased from ThemeForest are provided "as-is" with no guarantee of support (as stated in ThemeForest terms & conditions ). If we determine the issues are caused by user error or are the result of a plugin, we will ask that you retrace your edits or contact the developer of the plugin you're using. Please allow up to 24 hours for answer and longer on weekends, but usually support will be provided much faster. Answers will be provided by support team members or author. Thanks!